Pages

.

Nelly's Scones

Music night at Nellybert's and scones were served again. And once again Brendan asked for the recipe. The first time I wrote it down for him. Then I sent it in an an email. This time I'm going to blog it and link it to Facebook.

It's a cross between my mother's recipe and  a Nigella Lawson recipe. This is it. I don't know if soda bread flour is sold outside of Ireland. Probably not. Sorry about that.


Ingredients
  • 500g soda bread flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 50g butter
  • 25g lard or more butter
  • 1 egg beaten
  • enough buttermilk to make up to 300 ml when added to beaten egg

Method 
  1. Preheat oven to 220°. 
  2. Sift the dry ingredients together and rub in the butter thoroughly. 
  3. Add the milk and stir very briefly. 
  4. Knead lightly together on a floured surface.
  5. Roll and cut approx. 12 scones
  6. Bake for 10-15 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment