Pages

.

Her Last Drink

My current obsession is hoarding behaviour, the American TV series Hoarders and tossing my own hoard. It's rather wonderful. I watch a little bit of Hoarders and I am inspired to throw out some object I've clung on to for far too long. I don't want to end up like those poor American folks, although I can see I'm going to have to be careful about the animal hoarding. Four dogs, two cats and two pigs - that is Nellybert at the limit.


A friend of mine is helping an elderly relative declutter her house. During the process a cardboard box of assorted glassware was unearthed. The elderly relative said,


Dinnae throw those out! There's a special glass amongst those. It's the glass that Davy's mother took her last drink out of.


Davy's mother was this old girl's mother-in-law and Davy was her husband dead himself this forty years or more.


I told this to Bert.


Imagine! Clinging on to an oul glass because your mother-in-law took her last drink out of it!


I wonder what her last drink was?


Some class of poison? That might explain the sentimental attachment.

No comments:

Post a Comment